Port Douglas is a well-known town in Far North Queensland, Australia where many tourists visit from across the globe. During the peak tourist season from May to September the influx of tourists is great. The environment of Port Douglas gives a feeling of a quaint village, You can wander Macrossan Street and enjoy browsing the many boutiques or enjoy a wide variety of bars, pubs, restaurants and cafes offering the world class cuisine. It is a popular tourist reef and beach destination with the peak season during the Australian winter. With a large number of resorts in town all offering great Port Douglas Apartments accommodation, you will be hard pressed to find a better resort than Plaza Port Douglas.
Port Douglas Resort facilities
Port Douglas Carnivale
Things to see and do in Port Douglas
Port Douglas has a great diversity of a tropical wonderland and reefs that meet the rainforest. It provides access to the exciting Daintree Rainforest and the
Great Barrier Reef. You can plan another great trip to the nearby Atherton Tablelands. Local attractions including the Australian Muster Experience can help you learn about the real Australian Outback. The outback cattle station shows the daily life of remote cattle station. It includes real stockmen and women, cattle dogs, stock horses, mobs of cattle and live music. This beautiful venue provides a great view of Port Douglas, surrounded by the Daintree rainforest.
The Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary provides tourists a chance to get up close and personal with a wide range of flora and fauna. Most of the visitors meander through mainly the three exclusive environments:
1. The Rainforest where you can consider a boardwalk along the forest floor to view the native species like Cassowary.
2. The Wetlands has many wading birds foraging for fishes in the waterways.
3. The Grasslands provides an open-air exhibit where tourists hand-feed kangaroos and view crocodiles and emus. Informative presentations and free guided tours happen every day. It is also well-known for the breakfast with birds and lunch with Lorikeets.
• Enjoy the Weekend Session – There are up to 8 local bands that play in the shire on every Sunday. Check out with someone in the resort of Port Douglas accommodation where you have planned to stay or look into a gig guide.
• Enjoy a great sunset sailing experience at the Port Douglas Yacht Club. You just need to be there and they will fit you in an appropriate boat for sailing.
• The firm sand of 4 Mile Beach is spectacular for biking and you and your loved ones can enjoy freewheeling along the beach.
• You can plan for a picnic at the beautiful private beach on the right hand side of Rex Smeal Park. Even you can carry some fresh juices and tasty food with you.
While there are some expensive places in Port Douglas, you can find a number of cheap options to plan your tour within your estimated budget.
Accommodation In Port Douglas
With so much to do in this area of North Queensland….you will need to choose relaxing Port Douglas Accommodation. Plaza Port Douglas offers fully self contained 1, 2 and 3 bedroom fully self contained and air conditioned apartments within walking distance to Macrossan Street and 4 Mile Beach. Our fully staffed tourist desk can help you with local information in events and attractions as well as booking your tours and activities whilst in beautiful Port Douglas.
Enjoy great resort facilities including a large outdoor pool, spa and communal bbq and seating area…..perfect for an outdoor dinner after a busy day exploring.
Ring us today at Plaza Port Douglas to book your Port Douglas Apartments accommodation.